Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dylan!

Today is my son's birthday. Eight years ago I became a mother. This morning Mary, the mother of Jesus, has been on my mind. She was such a strong woman, in my opinion. I look into the eyes of my son and my heart just wants to burst with love. I love my husband, but the love between a mother and her child is so different. I truly believe that the love of a mother and son is unique. I am thinking of Mary and I wonder what her thoughts would be today of her experiences. I cannot imagine the agony of watching your child in horrific pain and suffering...to know that he did it all willingly, to know that his love for mankind went exceedingly beyond anything we could ever imagine or ever, ever deserve. I am sure that as she stands in his holy presence today, she knows it was well worth every agonizing moment. Praise God!

Mary...the mother who held that baby in her arms, looked into his eyes, smelled those baby smells. Mary...mother of our Holy God. Mary, I thank you.

Praise God this morning for my salvation. He is my rock, my ever present help in trouble. He is my all in all. I praise him this morning for my son. Thank you, God, for blessing me beyond my wildest expectations, more than I ever deserved. Lord, help me to be like Mary. I give you my son. Use him Father for your honor and glory. May he grow in your grace and knowledge, may he follow your perfect will. Use him, Lord Jesus, to share your salvation with the nations. All I have and all I am I give to you. AMEN.

No comments: