Thursday, July 30, 2009

An angel on one side, devil on the other...

We got into a discussion Wednesday night about living in peace. It is SO hard sometimes to be peaceful. I don't think of myself as a fighter. But, recently I have discovered a fighter down in my soul. I guess when I had kids and a wonderful husband that I felt the need to "protect," the fighter in me came out. Hahahaha! Visions of baseball bats and the posse I would create kept rolling through my mind.....Anyway! Our discussion about living in peace really stepped on my toes because as Christians we are called to live in peace with everyone. "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of GOD" Matt 5:9 Ouch!

There is a constant battle going on inside of me...the human one that wants to judge, be angry, and seek revenge. Then there's the part of me that desires to follow God's will and let his light shine through me. A picture of a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other comes to my mind. Which one will I listen to today? A constant battle! ugh!! I may stumble and I will fall in this battle, but I know the one that will pick me up.

And, for today I will remember that even the God of impossible knows that it is not possible to get along with everyone...thanks Donna Partow for sharing that with me. However, today, this day and everyday I will CHOOSE to live in peace with others as long as is up to me!

No comments: