Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, new me!

I have vowed over the past few years that I would not make a new year's resolution. What's the point? Every one I have ever made I have broken usually within the first two days after. I went to church last week, took communion with my church family and decided to fully give myself to to my GOD. And, during the past week I broke every vow I made. I have been a lazy believer in Christ this week. Doesn't satan love a lazy Christian? Aren't we the best...doing nothing for our Savior?

Then this morning Matt preached on regrets. Man, do I have them. So I asked for forgiveness again this morning. I counted the homes of the neighbors I do not know that live close to me. I decided that I will pray to find a way to reach out to them during the next year. I am also praying that God will reveal His purpose in my life this year. A friend told me this morning that while we want to do big things for God, sometimes He only wants us to do little things. I urge you to pray and seek God's will for your life this year. Seek Him above all others. I, too, am going to do the same. I love my Savior. I want to be peculiar, strange, different in this world because this world is not my home. I want to take as many as I can to my eternal home.

No comments: